Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary lies just 4km outside McGregor. This unique destination has for the past twelve years provided teas and light meals to a wide variety of guests. It is a popular visitor destination in the Breede River Valley for people from across the country and overseas who have an interest in our work as a donkey sanctuary. From the beginning of June 2019 we will launch our new Bistro which will be open Thursdays to Sundays (10am to 4pm).
- Are you looking for work in a pleasant environment?
- Do you want to be involved in a successful animal welfare organization?
- Are you fit and healthy?
- Willing to learn and undergo training?
- Able to work on weekends?
- Comfortable in English and Afrikaans?
- Confident in interacting with the public?
- Interested in food and its preparation?
- Prepared to work hard?
- Are you honest and able to work with money?
- Are you punctual and reliable?
We are looking to fill two posts:
- Bistro Co-ordinator
- Kitchen help and cleaner
The Bistro Co-ordinator will:
- Be the public face of the Bistro, greeting visitors and taking orders.
- Prepare and serve a variety of coffees, teas and other drinks including wine and beer.
- Prepare and serve picnic-type meals by helping visitors select ingredients from prepared items.
- Be responsible for calculating the cost of the purchases and dealing with payments using both a credit card machine and handling cash.
- Keep accurate records of stock and prepare orders for further stock.
- Work four days a week (Thursdays to Sundays).
The kitchen help and cleaner will:
- Clear tables.
- Wash up and keep the kitchen clean.
- Keep the Bistro area and toilets clean during the operating hours on Thursdays to Sundays.
- Clean the visitors’ centre including an adjacent cottage on Wednesdays (this includes cleaning windows, floors, toilets and outside areas).
- Work five days a week (Wednesdays to Sundays)
Start date: 3rd June 2019 or shortly thereafter.
To apply submit a CV with
- two contactable references,
- your salary expectation,
- possible start date and
- a short letter of motivation as to why you think you can do the post selected
- The subject line should say “Restaurant Application”
Closing Date: Monday 29th April 2019
For more information or to apply please contact:
Applications may also be handed in at the Sanctuary.
Skakel gerus met ons in Afrikaans.